Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Try it on Tuesday ~ Vintage Baked Frame

I was over the moon when I was asked to Guest Designer over at 
Try it on Tuesday this fortnight and with the theme being 
*Vintage* how could I possible resist.


Here is my Vintage* Baked Frame
and those *How to Do's*...

Stamping out a a dragonfly from Visible image I coloured in watercolour pencils.


Using a 11cm x 9 cm Size frame painted in warm tan paint
I placed the frame over the dragonfly inked up the stamp
and matching it up with the image kissing the frame with
the dragonflies delicate wings.


Colour matching the wings using the same watercolours I added 
a hint of vintage rose to the outer edge of the frame.


To add some raised detail to the frame I used Pebeo Cerne Relief 
to draw detail around the inside and outer edge.


When dry Versamark embossing ink was stamped all over 
the frame and bees wax baked Texture sprinkled all over it.


When heated it gives the most delicious colour and effect upon the frame.
With the dragonfly image fitted securely into the frame, co-ordinating glitter glue 
has been dotted across the glass covered wings and those stamped onto the frame.


Four flat back pearls sit neatly in each corner edged also with Cerne Relief.
A touch of gilding wax highlights those scrumptious baked bubbles.

Vintage Frame


I have another of these frames untouched, 
I may just have to decorate it in a similar way so it has a friend..

Thank you so much for visiting
and please do pop on over and check out the
Try it on Tuesday Design Teams Creations.

Take Care everyone.
Creative Hugs 
Tracey xx

30 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a totally fabulous piece, a real work of art, and so glad to have you with us at TIOT this time round - have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

I love your wonderful piece of art.

Marjut said...

This is gorgeous!

Lia said...

Wow, this is a piece of art and I like it very much!!
Lia xx

Meggymay said...

An absolutely gorgeous vintage project.
Thank you for sharing how it was made.
We are so pleased you agreed to be our Guest Designer for this challenge theme at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing Vintage frame - I love it! I so enjoyed seeing how you created it too, the dragonfly is stunning with the beeswax baked Texture frame - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

This is just amazing Tracey, loving the textures. Congrats on your GDT spot on TIOT, they’re a lovely bunch of ladies over there :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Dorthe said...

Hello dear friend,
This is a little piece of magic , created by you. Sooo love the way you added the wings to the frame, and the wonderful baked beeswax making it both shine and give the most beautiful blurred effect. Gorgeous Tracey , can`t wait to see the next frame. (I`m waiting for the baked beeswax ) Hugs to you from me- xoxo

froebelsternchen said...

Your project is absolutely amazing dear Tracey I am thrilled about this brilliant frame! So happy to see you at TioT as a Guest designer! A great pleasure for us!
oxo Susi

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous project Tracey and thanks for the 'how to Do's', the finish looks amazing with that beautiful dragonfly.
Lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at TioT
Avril xx

Lula said...

Thanks bunches dear Tracey for being our Guest Designer over at TioT this time. Your project is just stunning!
Lula xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Tracey this is simply STUNNING, that frame just looks incredible, the resuts you chieved are wonderful, great inspiration!!

Redanne said...

Oh yes, this definitely needs a friend... the dragonfly is stunning, so beautifully coloured - and then the frame - wow!! Such a great technique on the frame, it is just incredibly beautiful Tracey!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Valerie, It was a pleasure xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you kindly Rosie x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really glad you like it Marjut x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very very much Lia x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

An honour to have been asked Yvonne Thank you and what a fabulous theme to work with. So glad you like my project x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so pleased you enjoyed my how to do's, if I can I always like to share how it all came to be. Happy I was able to be part of it all. Thank you x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

They are indeed and I was very touched to have been asked. Thank you for your lovely comment Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very very much Dorthe, I love the way the image blurs when embossing powder is added. I'm looking forward to creating it's friend but there are a few other things waiting to be both finished and started before I get round to it xx
The little frame is ready and waiting xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You are so very kind Susi, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you so much for your kindness xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You are so welcome Avril, Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to Guest Design for you this fortnight, a real privilege to have been asked. Thank you for the opportunity xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Lula you are most kind, Thank you for having me xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Astrid, those baked textures are magnificent colours and the beeswax is amazing x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Many thanks Anne, a beautiful stamp, a sweet sized frame with the added bonus of that baked texture they all seemed to work in harmony together xx

Joan said...

Stunning! a fabulous dragonfly and love that baked frame

Joan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Joan, happy you like my vintage frame x

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey! I love your dragonfly, such a clever placement. Chris xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

OOpps did not see this so sorry Chris, Thank you so much I really did enjoy creating this hoping to finish it's Sister very soon xx