Pages

Wednesday 21 February 2018

*Butterfly heart* ~ I heart you (Part Two)

Hello creative friends.

It's time to remind you that *I Heart You*
and that there's still time to join in with the That's Crafty Blog Challenge.

Here is my mid month make with those *How to Do's..

Onto an MDF Tag I layered Texture paste through the floral heart stencil
and when dry added a layer of light texture paste over the top.


Two sizes of greyboard butterflies were glued together with detail drawn onto 
the wings very slowly. The Butterfly was then put aside and left to dry.


That's Crafty Multi surface Orange and Red give that bright colour.


Chestnut brown helps accentuate those veins with added dots of white posca.
A beaded wire body and antennae adds to that detail.


Mustard Yellow and a Lime wash is painted around the textured floral heart


with the raised flower painted in pearl metallic.


The Butterfly is adhered with glue gel and a sentiment created by piecing words together 
from Lynnes Affirmations set 3. Evergreen is dripped around the heart and edges darkened with  black blending ink.  A coating of 3D Gloss Gel completes my

*Butterfly Heart tag..*


I do hope you can join us over on the That's Crafty I Heart You Challenge
and I look forward to catching up with you all very soon.

Creative Hugs and Wishes
Tracey xx

17 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hello dear Tracey,
so beautiful to see the steps, here- your butterfly is really a beauty, and so is the flower!! The added details and texture paste making wonders with both.Also piecing sentences together using Lynne`s Affirmations, is a wonderful idea, which I also love to do- It is a gorgeous tag, my dear.
Hugs from Dorthe- xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy these are amazing and thank you for the step by step instructions.
I think I will give this a try.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, love the colours and the wonderful textures. Thanks for the step-by-steps, too. Have a great evening, hugs Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is out of this world beautiful - simply amazing Tracey! Super to see your progress! Happy rest of your week Tracey!
oxo Susi

Mac Mable said...

Great texture and fabulous colours. I love reading how you did this unique and stunning creation....Thank you x

Fliss said...

A really stunning tag Tracey. The butterfly is totally awesome with the amazing textured wings and love the background too. Fabulous!
Fliss xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow what a beautiful creation Tracey, your butterfly is stunning!!
hugs
Donna xx

Redanne said...

Ooooh, the textured flower is beautiful and the butterfly is delightful! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Dear Dorthe Thank YOU* The floral hearts were perfect for this theme and I think it has become an addiction to see just how many layers I can get pushing the pastes through the stencils. Really glad you like it xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh I do hope so Debs, look forward to seeing your creations Thank you xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Valerie, I have a little obsession with these colours at the moment, hoping for spring to arrive I think hee hee... Glad you enjoyed x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really glad you like it Susi, thank you very very much xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So glad to hear you enjoy my ramblings hee hee.. Thank you for your kind comments x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very very much Fliss. I can see me using the glue in this way often xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So kind Donna, Thank you very much so heartwarming to hear you like it xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Anne xx

Jane Elizabeth France said...

What's not to love... grungy, textured, metallic, and a fabulous butterfly, all the things I adore you seem to put together perfectly. Incase I haven't told you before.... I looooove your work!!!. Will catch up more when I get home in a few days.. more sun, salsa dancing and alcohol to be had.. xx