Pages

Tuesday 31 October 2017

DOTD.. *Quintessential Soulmates*

Hello creative friends..

What a creative weekend I have had and to be honest I'm not sure how I have managed to create anything. Between finishing personal projects, DT work and starting the Christmas card making frenzy it has been utter chaos trying to find the space to dry things.

This is how I have been working this weekend, anything finished from main project to the tiniest element has been bagged up for fear of losing components amongst the mayhem.

I would have shown you a picture of the disorder around me but 
I lost my camera under it all..!!

Here's pictures and process of my DOTD Mrs & Mrs Paperbabe..

Two bags full of  Fibreboard substrates painted, coloured and glittered
using one Kit and the other from Paperbabe components put together to create another.


Here they are unearthed from their bag, ready to be assembled.


So let me introduce the Lady before Gentlemen:

Using Paperbabe stamps included in the DOTD kit I stamped her features and decorative details using Onyx Black Versafine ink and coloured with paint, pencil and posca pens.


Extending the stamped detail down her neck I just had to add a little spider friend.
Pushing embossing ink through the rose stencil I embossed the flowers with frantage.

The flourishes have been embossed with frantage embossing powder too.


Some of the fibreboard roses included in the kit can be built up to create a 3D bloom.
These have been painted and glittered and look so effective when mounted.

Dots of pen and dabs of glitter glue give definition to her Gesso painted hair.


I heat embossed the edges of the large ornate frame (also included in the Kit) 
using aged black frantage a perfect frame to showcase all those detailed elements 
once glued down upon it.

Mrs Paperbabe is now Complete and ready to mount onto the wall.


..and finally. Introducing Mr Paperbabe.

From the Mens Portrait set I painting his face and stamped using the Male Face  and sugar skull stamp set included in the Kit. I coloured, painted and clear embossed his features and adornment..


Extending the stamped detail again onto his neck I chose to mimic the spiders web just like Mrs Paperbabe. I sketched a suit onto the fibreboard clothing pieces and hand drew 
little skulls onto his bow tie with posca pens to match those two sweet skull 
embellishments that I'd heat embossed in white.


Another little spider friends adds to the detail..


Mounted onto an ornate frame heat embossed in the same way as Mrs Paperbabe
those completed elements are all glue together to set the scene.

Now Mr Paperbabe is complete..


Don't the make a handsome couple..???

*Quintessential Soulmates*


Thank you for sharing your time, I hope you like what you find.

Until next time
Stay safe everyone & Take care

Hugs & Wishes
Tracey xx

I'd like to enter this into the Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #59~Scare Me

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Oh gosh how creative can one get, this is awesome.xx [aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hee heee... Thanks Annie, super kits to play with. Need more room next time I play :)) Have a great week xx

Dorthe said...

Tracey, you already know, I love them-they are amazing and so many fantastic details, like the embossed flourishing ,the 3-D flower, and beautifullly painted faces, they are gorgeous, with all the wonderful painted little details . So spooktabulous , both ..
A wonderful week to you, friend .
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Kim Costello said...

These are awesomely fantastic Tracey, I am totally loving them as a couple, love the details, the dots finishing the webs looks wonderful, the skull bow tie wow I could go on and on, love them... you're creativity is blowing my mind, thank you HuGs Kim xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh these are just wonderful Tracey, the eyes are truly mesmerising. Join the messy club.....one day I’ll lose the cats under everything ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed looking at them Dorthe, I do try and show as much detail as I can hoping that people may be inspired or even see how they could do things in a different way. These kits give fabulous surfaces area to work on and give you everything you need to create, we just have to add the colour to bring them to life xx Thank you xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Kim it means so much to know you like them, you really do give everything needed to create them. I'm glad they are on the wall now as it will stop me trying to add more to them hee hee!! Thank you for popping over HUGS xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Donna, I really do need a proper room to work in as my creative space can be so uninspiring. Glad I managed to get these finished though xx

Words and Pictures said...

What fantastic eerie characters, beautifully brought to life.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks Alison xx