Pages

Friday 29 September 2017

Autumn Journal Cover.. (Part 1..)

Hello everyone,
It's time again for a new theme over on the That's Crafty Challenge Blog
and this theme is one of my favourites *Forever Autumn*
If you are in the UK and would like to showcase your Autumnal makes there's a chance
to win £20 to spend in the That's Crafty Online Store for the chosen winner.
Hope to see you over THERE..

Here in words and pictures is my Autumn Journal Cover Creation (Part 1..)


The long awaited Eileen Hull XL Journal Die was a considered purchase for me
and one I have a master plan for on a personal level so please watch this space..

Cutting out both halves of the cover using two white/greyboard 10" x 8" panels
 I glued them together and scraped on Multi Surface paint of Autumnal shades.
Dried with a heat tool I then pushed paste through the Maple and Skeleton Leaf Stencils.


When dry I painted over the paste with the same colours used on the cover.
Yellow, Christmas Green, Red & Bronze.


Adding scrapes of Multi Surface Gold I dry brushed areas of the cover
using That's Crafty's own brand Multi Surface Chestnut Brown paint.
I love how areas of the white board peep through!


With wooden beads threaded through the journal clasp Greyboard leaves are
painted, scored then glued onto the front of the clasp for Autumnal decoration.
The empty end of the clasp is then glued to the outer edge of the back cover.

Elasticated string is threaded through the given holes of the die cut cover
and I have allowed for extra string so it can be wrapped around more than once,
thinking ahead as the contents of the inside may expand over time.


Finally the book plate has been carved into with a craft knife,
painted using the same colour palette and embossed with UTEE.
Brads with heated Multi Surface Paints adds the final detail.


My Autumn Journal Cover is complete... (nearly)


Autumn is my favourite season of all with the little animals and insects busying themselves having their last burst of energy before their sleepy time arrives in winter.

I feel a little like those busy animals and insects at the moment with family life and projects this is why I have chosen to save the inside of the Journal for another day..
Autumn Journal Part 2 coming soon..!

Until next time, Stay Safe everyone.
Warm (((Hugs))) and much creativity
Tracey xx


Crafty Supplies:

Sizzix Scoreboard XL Journal Designed by Eileen Hull
That's Crafty White/Greyboard Surface Panels 10"x 8"
That's Crafty Stencils: Maple Leaf & Skeleton Leaves
Texture Paste
That's Crafty Multi Surface Paints
That's Craft: Greyboard Leaves
Elasticated string/Wooden beads/Metal Brads/UTEE

30 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh this is fantastic Tracey, absolutely love the gorgeous rich Autumnal colours which you’ve captured perfectly too
Hugs
Donna xx

Redanne said...

Wow Tracey, your Journal cover is gorgeous! I love all of the texture you created and the beautiful autumnal colours you achieved. Wonderful use of Eileen's die, I am sure you will get lots of use from it! Beautiful work. Anne xx

Redanne said...

PS - Tracey I hope you will add this in the Eileen Hull Fanclub on Facebook... x

Words and Pictures said...

What fabulous autumnal textures and colours, Tracey - this looks gorgeous, and I bet it feels pretty good under the fingertips too. Wonderful inspiration for a lovely challenge theme.
Alison x

Bev Hilton said...

Tracey I absolutely love this. It's my favourite month too with all the wonderful colours and crunchy leaves under foot. The texture and colours you've used are just lush. Love love love it.
Hugs to you, Bev. xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is truly incredible Tracey! I adore the grungy fall texture and beautiful use of stencils here. Amazing inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

Amanda said...

Great autumnal textures and colour makes for a fabulous journal cover, look forward to what you put inside
Love
Amanda x

Fliss said...

A really stunning cover Tracey, the colours and textures look absolutely amazing.
I've been thinking about that die and might now have been persuaded to splash out.
Fliss xx

Craftychris said...

Ooh an absolutely beautiful journal cover! I so love Autumn. xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Donna, it's such an inspirational time of year and I love it so much xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Anne, I already have ideas for my main use it's just finding the time to put those ideas into action. Eileen's die gives us those all important foundations.. now it's time to work with them xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh I will Anne, been a long day today and not long home but will over the weekend no worries xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Alison, how could we not be inspired by this fabulous Seasonal Theme?? It all looks, feels and smells so good xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you dear Bev, such an inviting Season couldn't wait for it to arrive xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So glad you like it Autumn, the new multi surface paints and leaf stencils are the perfect addition to anyone's Autumnal stash xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Amanda, i'm looking forward to finishing the inside very soon xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you kindly Fliss, I have been waiting so long to get my hands on it which gave me plenty of time to work out what I would use it for. It's a die I know will be used many many times xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you for popping over Chris, so pleased you like it xx

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous Tracey, such wonderful colors, mixed to pure autumn tones, the stenciling so perfect, and love the autumn sign- A beautiful journal ,you will love to use, for years to come.
Hugs Dorthe, xx

Mia said...

What a gorgeous journal, Tracey!!! I love it!!! It is beautiful!!! Kisses, my friend.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dear Dorthe, I do hope it gets as much use as I intend it too xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Mia, very happy that you like my Autumn Journal xx

aussie aNNie said...

Most interesting and creative, I just love the finish of this and the colours are just beautiful... have been sick with influenza so not been around much.xxx
[aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So sorry to hear you have not been well Annie, hope your on the mend now? Take care & rest up xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Tracey, such beautiful colours and your lettering is amazing, it looks like you've branded your Autumn sign. Have a fun week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you..I'm not the most confident person when using a craft knife but it gives great effect.. Have a fab week Sue.. xx

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Absolutely deeelish!!.... you always create fabulous textures in your work Tracey, very tactile, I just wanna stroke it, it looks like gorgeous leather. I look forward to seeing what yoi do with the inside. You have made me neeeeeed that die. Xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks Jane, I have great plans for this die. Held back by the lurgy for the moment but a great investment xx

Lisa H said...

this is great! I love those leaves. =)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Lisa, they are great surfaces to work on.