Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

Family Portrait...

Meet my eldest Son..!! 

This has been hidden away unfinished for a good few weeks now waiting to be completed and given as a long awaited housewarming gift. I finished the Female a while back but something always seemed to get in the way to stop me from completing this.

Here in words and pictures is my creation..


From the Mens MDF Portrait media blanks by Paperbabe I Stamped on the 
facial details with the mens face stamps and painted using a real hotchpotch of acrylics.


I used one of the Paperbabe DesignA Knit Stamps to stamp and then emboss to 
add texture to the garment pieces. They were then painted and a 
whisper of silver gilding wax rubbed over to make the design pop out.

Painting the hair in black gesso I scored into it with a 
pokey tool to create the illusion of strands.


With the pieces glued together I could now work on the finer detail, 
tone down areas of colour I felt were too loud and add some stubble.

I traced around the head shape onto thick card to create the back of the head and
using truffle brown acrylic, I was able to bring out a more realistic hair shade.


This is how he looks from the back, along with a little hood to add a bit more detail.
If I had thought this out properly I would have created it a lot more larger than this.


Here he is from the front with added eyelets and cord.


and here he is with his lovely lady.
At last both complete and ready to be collected.


*How to do's* of the Female Media Blanks *Butterfly Girl* can be found HERE.

I now look forward to giving them to the Happy Couple later today
and wish them both all the best in their *New Home*..

Thank you for sharing a moment of your day with me
and I hope the rest of your day is a peaceful one.

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx


Crafty Supplies:

Paperbabe Mens MDF Portrait media blanks: Side Swept Bangs
Paperbabe Male Face Stamps
Acrylic Paint.

12 comments:

Fliss said...

Wow Tracey! This is absolutely amazing, your painting and the alteration of the blank are really stunning as is the lovely girl you created to go with it. Just love them both!
Fliss xx

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing - looks incredible! Jo x

Bev Hilton said...

Wow Tracey these are awesome. Clever lady. x

Dorthe said...

Wonderful gifts for your son and his lady , so beautiful created, and you know I so admire your painting , Tracey. Great with the 3-D details , too !

Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Kim Costello said...

Oh WOW Tracey, these two look fantastic, I am loving all the detail you put into your piece, the hair at the back is so clever, and the hoodie with eyelets is brilliant, I have been known to punch a hole through with the cropadile if you ever needed to, lol. I think these are an awesome New Home gift and I hope they love them as much as I do, they make me smile :). Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent, enjoy a wonderfully creative evening, (((HuGs))) Kim x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh these are just adorable Tracey, I love them both and what an amazing gift they're going to make too :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Thank you Fliss, they are great surfaces for me to practice my painting on as I don't get chance to draw as much as I used to.. So glad you like them xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Jo x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Aww Thanks Bev, glad you like them xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so so much Dorthe, you are always so complementary about my painting, your kind words are so encouraging. The Kids loved them xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much for popping over, i'm so glad I can finally share them properly now. Elated that you like them, it never accured to me to use a cropadile hee heee!!They made a great alternative New Home Gift and I know they will be cherished. Thanks again for your encouragement, fabulous and unique designs Kim.. I love them all.
Hugs & Best Wishes Tracey xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Donna, they were very well received. Can't wait to see them in their new Home now xx