Pages

Friday 5 August 2022

Creative Artiste #85 August Mixed Media Challenge

Hello Lovely Creative Friends 

I hope you are all keeping well..??

The past few months have been what can only be described as bedlam, 
incredibly stressful, heightened care duties, house moves and legalities 
not helped by catching Covid which I'm still suffering from it's affects.. 

A big thank you to all that have stuck by me these past months 
it means more than I can say in words.. Myself and family are thankful 
these life hurdles, albeit life changing can be overcome with time.. 

Sooo a scheduled blog post again.. 

our monthly theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes.


This month I share a small mixed media canvas, layered with leftovers 
found amongst my messy craft desk. Paper doily's, layered texture using 
stencils and paste, buttons and lacy scraps add a little touch of me.. 

Calming down the glued chaos with a wash of white gesso a found washer 
acts as a firm frame for three tree twigs wrapped in silken thread. 

Please join the Creative Artiste Design Team HERE 
and share your Mixed Media creations with us all. 

Take care of yourselves and each other..
Stay safe and creative 
Hugs Tracey xx

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece Tracey, really like an heirloom, love it. Sorry you have so much stress just now, hope things are soon better for you! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning canvas Tracey love all the gorgeous lace and beautiful texture.Hope you feel better soon and life starts to calm down and be less stressful
Carol x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning project! I love the calm and relaxing look and feel with the neutral colours, touches of gold and leftover pieces 😊. I hope you're feeling much better soon and that life becomes less hectic then of late. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Christine said...

So beautiful Tracey!

Andree said...

A beautiful canvas with a wonderful vintage vibe Tracey. The tactile textures and muted tones look fabulous.
It's lovely to see you haven't lost any of your amazing creativity during these difficult past months. Take care of yourself, hugs xxx

My name is Erika. said...

It must have been very hard to deal with all of your family issues and covid too Tracey. Sorry to hear you are having after effects from it. I know some people who have the same thing and it is tough for certain. I am loving this pretty canvas. I've been sewing some felt and lace lately, and so your piece is not only beautiful to look at, but giving me some inspiration ideas too. I love how you use the twigs. Take care, and I hope you get some relaxing feel good days in August. hugs-Erika

Lys said...

First I hope you will recover soon and life will be more smily for you. The tones of your canvas are peaceful and the many details of the elements give an interesting depth.

Jeanie said...

This is very pretty, Tracy!

Judy McKay said...

Tracey your project is so beautiful. It is full of pretty little detailos, made with love. Have a creative month. Judy

Ina G said...

Oh Tracey this is gorgeous. Everything just blend together so beautifully. Love all the laces and those twigs just a perfect showpiece. Looks like you had a load of fun.
Hope you are feeling a lot better and stress levels calming down. Take care. Hugs.

Fiona said...

Oh my goodness I just love this - it is as you say so calming - I wish I could pull something like that together from my scraps! So inspiring

Ina G said...

Love how you can 'throw' things together and come out as beautiful as this is Tracey. So artistic and pleasing to the eye. Such gorgeous softness. Hope lifes stresses are a whole lot less for you soon. Take care and sending Hugs of comfort.

Ina G said...

Hi Tracey - popping in to say I am thinking of you and hope to see you back with us at Creative Artisite real soon.
PS I am pretty sure I left a comment on that fabulous piece from last month. Loved it! Hugs Ina.

Loose Stitches said...

Awesome creation Tracey! I hope that things are better for you now!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Another stunning piece and so delicate too Michelle x