Pages

Friday 25 October 2019

Paperbabe Stamps blog challenge ~ #105 Sketch

Hello Creative Friends, 

It's time for a new fortnightly challenge 

Use the sketch below as your guide, flip it, turn it 
be inspired by it. The word *Paperbabe Stamps* can represent 
any sentiment and the flowers an embellishment or image.



Here's my Design Team interpretation..

First drawing the outline of the sketch prompt in my journal 
I've masked off the lower half of the design and blended with D'oxs.


Paste pushed through the Paperbabe Knit Stencil adds interest. 


Whilst waiting for the paste to dry I stamped out the 
hair and coloured with alcohol markers and pencil. 


Masking tape removed, words taken from stamp sets 
completely Conkers and Sparkle Bright are stamped 
above the knitted stencil background. I do love 
how the paste absorbs the oxides as it dries...


With the dinky face panel cut to size 
I think she'd make a great book mark don't you..?


Autumn is my favourite of the seasons but it's been dampened 
with far too much rain here in the UK. Here's wishing we see 
the true colours of Autumn before Winter arrives. 

Please pop on over HERE to see what the rest of the 
Design Team have created and come join in with the 
Paperbabe Stamps #105 Sketch Challenge

Creative Hugs 
Tracey xx

14 comments:

Lozzy said...

Love what you have created Tracey..hugs Lozzy xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic piece Tracey, love the colours and the texture from the paste and stencil, great job! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! The knit stencil and autumnal colours look amazing, capturing autumn beautifully 😀. Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Dorthe said...

Dearest Tracey, a most gorgeous page, I love the knit stencil and in your fall colors and beautiful babe on top it is stunning .
I hope all is well , the mums, and maybe you had the results of your husband . Have a lovely and hopefully restful weekend dear friend. Big hugs from Dorthe xoxo

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Tracey, love your take on the sketch. The knit stencil in the shade you used is perfect for autumn, and the colouring on the image is lovely.
Avril xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Great work as always Tracey! Nice texture and style; love your D'ox work~ Will make a great bookmark if they choose! Take care and TFS Hope you have a bit of blue skies and warm golds~ Hugs, karen o

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I watched and read with delight, then saw how you masked off the woman's face, which was brilliant, I might add. But I got lost with the knit stencil until I enlarged the piece and saw how brilliantly you had colored it. This is simply amazing.

Redanne said...

The knit/oxide base is gorgeous and really does capture autumn colour tones beautifully. (I have to admit to missing autumn in Canada, the colours are glorious, but like you, it is damp here too). The face and hair are stunning, I love what you have created! Hope you have a reasonable weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Mac Mable said...

What a striking layout and design. The face sure would make a wonderful bookmark. Loving the added texture from the knit stencil and the tones of colour are fabulous and so is your colouring x

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

You have auch a wonderful style Tracey!

Susi xxx

Mia said...

You are one of the most talented ladies in the blogland, Tracey. I am always inspired from your GORGEOUS creations. Hugs, my dear friend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Tracey, loving the colours, the layout, the images and the stencil is brilliant. Happy creative week. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Words and Pictures said...

Really cool design - the glow of the sunshine yellows and oranges is made even more zingy by the clever use of white space.
Alison x

Belinda said...

I'm commenting here instead of WOYWW because I absolutely love this journal art. Autumn is my favorite too. I love the colors and the clothes. Lots of rain here too and it is forcing the leaves to fall too early in my opinion. Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed weekend!
Belinda #25