Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Rubber Dance Stamps Guest Design piece

I was so honoured to be chosen as the Winner of Rubber Dance Stamps January Colour Challenge and received as my prize a delightful selection of Rubber Dance Stamps. Included from the Textured Flowers stamp set was two flowers and a leaf which seemed perfect to use for my Guest Design piece.

Here is my Guest Design Piece for Rubber Dance Stamps March Colour Challenge 
using Magenta, Yellow and Turquoise within my Design.


For my base I used a large MDF Uprights Tag from That's Crafty
DecoArt Media Textured Sand Paste helped create both grass and clouds. 
When dry a coating of white Gesso was applied all over and colours were built up accordingly to create the scene.


Different shades of green with a hint of grey help to build up the depth within the grass.


Over texture I always find it easier to paint with my fingers 
especially when I'm looking to highlight what is already apparent.

Dylusions Calypso Teal and Cherry Pie have helped me to create my 
Turquoise and Magenta Sky amidst the rolling clouds.


The Stamped Textured Flowers have been painted using a mixture of Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine, Tangerine Dream, Bubblegum, Cherry Pie and Pomegranate Seed 
Dylusions Paints by Dyan Reaveley.


The flowers have been shaped, layered and glossy accents added to 
magnify the central script


and my Guest Design piece is finished.


Thank you for taking time to take a peak, I look forward to joining in the creativity with Rubber Dance Stamp Challenges again very soon.

Creative Hugs from Tracey xx

Please check out the newly revamped Rubber Dance Stamp website for a wide stamp selection... and The only Uk Retailer of Rubber Dance Stamps That's Crafty.

13 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Thank you, Tracey! ♥ I LOVE how you have decorated the Upright Tag from That's Crafty! Our flower stamps look so gorgeous, such a great idea to curl the petals like that. I also think you did an amazing job making that cloud! Absolutely gorgeous and stunning piece of art!! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Bibi your compliments mean a lot. It was a cheerful piece to work on with a magnificent given colour scheme. Thank you to all at Rubber Dance Stamps for the opportunity xx

Sue said...

Tracey this is wonderful, and even more so when you see the close up's - the cloud is stunning! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Sue, your comments are really appreciated. I'm a devil for detail..! xx

aussie aNNie said...

this is stunning and so impressive...xx[aNNie]

aussie aNNie said...

I am now following you. ♥[aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so pleased you like it Annie, Thank you very much xx

Susanne Rose said...

Tracey, your tag is amazing! I love all that texture and how you've colored the flowers. Thanks for being a guest designer!!! Hugs, Susanne.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your very welcome Susanne, Thank you so much for asking, pleased you like it x

ElizabethR said...

Hi Tracy I've come over to find you. I love this tag it's just gorgeous. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks so much for popping on over Elizabeth, so glad you like my Tag.. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs from Tracey xx

KandA said...

Gorgeous creation Tracey, love all the cheerful colours xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so very much xx