Pages

Friday 2 August 2019

Paperbabe Challenge #99 ~ Picture Inspiration

Hello Creative Friends, 

It's time for another Paperbabe Stamps Challenge... 
Use the image/colours below to inspire you and come share 
your creative flare with us over HERE. You have two weeks 
to play with a prize for one lucky random org winner..


Inspired by the colours and shapes within the picture 
I've combined both Dinky Male and Female Stamp sets 
to create a calico patch for my fabric journal. 

Here's what I did and how it came to be..

First stamping the female face and torso onto heavy calico I 
secured the face mask template over the stamped image to protect it. 
Then positioned partly over the mask I stamped the male image.


When the mylar mask is removed you can see it leaves a seamless 
impression bringing the stamped female face into the forefront.


Painting the skin tone and features, I used the Pompadour hair style 
from the Dinky Male Face Templates to draw in the hairline and torso.


The pompadour template 2: acts as a guide to help add all the detail.


For the female I used the pony & bun hair template but decided against 
adding the ponytail as I liked the look of the hair all tied up loosely. 



The Fun alphabet outline stamp set helps create the words, 
painted with stripes in keeping with the picture inspiration.


Along with candy striped paper and patch sewn onto the page 
I began adding a colour inspired selection of embellishments..


With it's sweet sugar colours there's plenty of white space  
to add more texture and detail but I think for the moment 
I'll leave my fabric journal page just the way it is..


There is plenty more to see over on the Challenge blog HERE 
we look forward to seeing your take on this fortnights 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

Take care & stay safe. 
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

I'm sharing todays creative play with: 
Art Journal Journey ~ Gill's theme *Anything with Eyes*
World wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ #07 July 2019

22 comments:

sirkkis said...

Amazing stamping technique. Lovely result 💝
Have a wonderful PPF 😘

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Tracey this is so besutiful and charming, I love what you habe vreated here and I have to say thank you so much for joining AJJ again with this breathtaking make.
Happy August!
Big hugs, Susi xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, this is a total stunner! You are one talented lady, Jo x

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh wow Tracey - this is gorgeous I love it!
Lots of work and fabulous techniques - really awesome piece and I am so happy you shared it also at AJJ - thank you.
Gill xx

Miriam said...

Lovely project. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at Country View Crafts.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

How clever is this , the shading is beautiful and those candy cane stripes in the background are fabulous. The little buttons and fibres add wonderful dimension and texture . Love this. I also wanted to stop by and say a huge thank you for purchasing two of my stamps, I truly appreciate it . I cannot wait to see your creations with them , it’s the best bit for me ❤️❤️

Neet said...

As soon as I saw your name and the theme "Eyes" I knew I was in for a treat when I got to your blog. And I was not disappointed.
Loved how you shared how you did the two faces using masking techniques and your colouring is brilliant. The final photo is dramatic with the main element really standing out because of the colouring which is echoed in tiny bits of ephemera surrounding the couple.
Hugs, Neet xx

Dorthe said...

So beautiful stamped, and colored, dear Tracy , and the way of using a mask to add the female face there, is a great idea, they really are close. So gorgeous hair details and c oloring too, and the add of fabric and papers in the background , with colors pairing the sweet text , looks so sweet .
Yesterday I was having a note, that my comment was not allowed , that I was unknown ? I hope it is fixed now, dear friend. Also hope you received my e-mail,- not to stress you, just good to know it is there :-) . Warmest hugs to you and a lovely weekend my friend. xoxo

Meggymay said...

Wow, this is a really beautiful page Tracy. The masks look a super product to use.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Tracey, wow, fabulous faces, have a mask like this somewhere a follower sent me, must find and try out your way of displaying faces...haha watch me bomb out.xx.enjoy your weekend.xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've always had trouble with masking, Tracey. You make it look SO easy, which I know it is NOT. This is an amazing beauty, and a truly wonderful show of two beautiful faces. You are a genius and I am in LOVE with this wonderful entry. Thanks for sharing it with us using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey, and thanks for teaching me about masking.

Rike said...

Your fabric journal page is just amazing! So many fantastic details and a wonderful background for these two beautiful faces!
Happy weekend, Rike

sheila 77 said...

I am so impressed with your stamping techniques (something I don't know much about) especially stamping on calico which sounds much more difficult than on paper. I love the way you use a mask and used some stamps with only a part of the stamp (leaving out the ponytail, for example) and I really like the lettering you've used and coloured too.
The finished piece looks just great and I very much enjoyed the process with all the photos.
And I've learned somethings about how to stamp.
Thanks for visiting Orange Esmeralda and I hope you come by for a visit another time.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Wow! Your stamped, fabric art journal page is absolutely amazing! I love how you stamped on calico and I especially like that you shared your creative techniques with all of us! Thank you. And I also want to thank you so much for visiting my blog and your wonderful comments on my Quirky Dutch Summer scrapbook page! HUGS!!!!!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Tracey, your fabric journal page is stunning. I love the way you masked and stamped the images and your colouring, as always is superb. The candy stripe colours in the background set the whole piece off beautifully. Truly beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Tracey, love how you've interpreted this. Quite like the look of the sticks of rock too, it's a great starting point. Off to have a look at what the others have been up to. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

Loose Stitches said...

Oh WOW, such a fabulous creation, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Wowzer! Amazing work Tracey!!!Both the striped lettering and the diagonal colors/stripes are in perfect keeping with the theme~ A real mixed media work of art with the templates and fabric pieces! Beautifully designed by you. Lovely~ Hope all is well. Hugs, karen o

Mac Mable said...

You are the queen of 'doing' faces and making them look stunning and today is no exception. Great colouring (as always) and love the masking and how you made the 'scene' x. So romantic and absolutely stunning x

craftytrog said...

Wow! I love this Tracey! Xxx

Sue said...

You always make the most amazing project for Paperbabe Tracey, and here's another one. The masking is perfect, and you have given them them both wonderful hairstyles, I wish you could do the same with mine! Take care, Sue x

Words and Pictures said...

Such clever layering of the images and beautiful tinting of the skins to create depth and a warm glow. Great work!
Alison x