Pages

Tuesday 28 November 2023

Traditional Christmas ~ Guest Designer @Try it on Tuesday

 Hello Creatives 

I'm blessed to have been invited to be Guest Designer 
@ Try it on Tuesday, their theme this fortnight is 

 
Today I share a Christmas Card a tradition to correspond with family 
and friends to send love and best wishes for the festive season. 

This one displays a Poinsettia sometimes known as the 
*Flower of the Holy Night* for it's star shaped flowers. 


Stamped coloured and fussy cut, displayed on an embossed acrylic 
painted background, I added a jumble of threads, gold lace and 
glittery stickles glue for extra detail and dimension.. 

Handmade Christmas cards are extra special and a wonderful way 
of staying connected with those dear to us both near and far.. . 

Thank you to the TioT Design Team for inviting me this fortnight
please don't forget to pop on over to see what the talented team 
have created to inspire your Traditional Christmas creations ..  

Creative wishes 
Tracey xx

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is a really lovely card Tracy. I like the background details and the pot of poinsettias. I'd never heard they are flowers of the Holy Night, and that is really interesting. Thank you for being our guest designer. I hope November hasn't been too too busy for you and you've had some art time. December is almost here-wow. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Beautiful Tracey!

Valerie-Jael said...

You card is absolutely fabulous, Tracey, I love it. I think anybody would love a card like that! Thanks for sharing, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Tracey! It's so good to see you here as our Guest Designer! What a wonderful card, that beautifully decorated blue background is perfect for the pot of Poinsettias. My friend (now sadly no longer with us) and I used to buy ours together and she always kept hers going longer than mine. I haven't bought one for the past two years but think I may get one this year. Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT and love your fabulous card,background and beautiful pot of poinsettias.
Carol x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Tracey poinsettia plants always look so festive, a traditional sign that Christmas is coming. Thankyou so much for being our Guest Designer at TioT's for this theme.
Yvonne

Joan said...

So nice to have you as guest designer on TIOT. Love your card, pretty poinsettia and a fabulous background


Joan x

DVArtist said...

Ohhh congratulations. Your the best at designing so I can't wait to see what comes up.

Let's Art Journal said...

This is such a beautiful card and perfect for our challenge! I love the blue background with the red poinsettias, it really makes them pop 😊. It reminds me of the poinsettias that we saw when we visited Spain recently, we actually saw poinsettia trees that were in full flower with butterflies feeding from them - I was so surprised to see them grow that big, so amazing! Take care and thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer and for the wonderful inspiration ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Tracey, the Poinsettias look stunning against the gorgeous blue background. Love the dimension you've created with the detailed fussy cutting.
It's lovely to have you as our Guest Designer. Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Just stopped by to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year! Woof to Freya 😊. All the best for 2024, may it be full of peace, good health and happiness ❤️. Hugs, Jo x