Hello Creatives
First Friday of the month so it's time to share a project for
As another heatwave is set to melt the UK i'm taking you
all to the beach today.. not literally of course 😊
On a summer sky painted background I scraped sand coloured texture
paste making feet impressions in the sand by pressing in stamps
from the Inkylicious shoreline stamp set whilst the paste was wet.
When dry I stamped and embossed the shoreline, adding paint
dots, dabs and flicks to the sky to enhance the atmosphere..
Embellished with coordinating lace, sequin trim and machine stitch
top to bottom, I pondered for a while unsure what word or quote to
pair up with the scene...
Having found a bag full of beach bracelets in a suitcase that
my Children used to collect whilst on holiday the word
Tranquill came very much to mind...
**Happy Days**
Come dip your toes in and share your Mixed Media creativity with the
Take Care everyone
Creative Hugs
Tracey xx
Sharing today's creativity with:
Creative Inspiration Challenge ~ #41 Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T 786 Challenge ~ Summer/Holiday (Vacation) ATG
Art Journal Journey ~ The Good Old Summertime
18 comments:
Tracey this is AMAZING! I used to have texture paste that color, and sadly it turned hard and useless. But I'm glad your's still worked because it made the most amazing beach. I love the footprints. And the sequin and pom-pom ropes are just amazing fishing ropes. I may have to borrow that idea at some point, if that's OK. I love your beach view and it works great for AJJ. Thank you so much for joining. I appreciate it. I hope it doesn't stay hot for too long either. WE're in a heat wave right now too, too much humidity and heat for me. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika
You’ve created a truly artistic masterpiece for your summer vacation album. The bracelet looks fantastic, featuring the word and the tracks in the sand.
Have a wonderful August and stay cool in the heat, hugs Elke
Wow, wow, wow...........those feet are amazing. Living in Cornwall I tend to mostly only go to the beach after tourist season when we get to really enjoy it and the freedom it brings....although listening outside as the seagulls sing I can imaging in hear the waves crashing. We've had a good year with 'our' seagull chicks and all 3 have flourished and now they are big enough to fly we can claim the garden back again😁
Wow indeed and again wow! Those feet really are amazing and inspiring. I could just be at your beach scene right now. I was just saying to Andree I rarely do beach related projects and really should challenge myself. Is this journal going to be beach themed throughout? I hope we get to see more pages x
WOW absolutely brilliant journal page/cover, the sea looks amazing and love the textured footprints, lace and the word tranquil says it all -definitely makes up for your false promise of taking us to the beach lol.
Carol x
A lovely cooling post!
I have to agree with everyone. WOW!!!! This is a stunning piece of art. So much texture and detail and really dose make you feel the beach. Very nice my friend.
WOW this is fantastic and absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner
Really beautiful art piece 🤩
Enjoy the summer time 🍓☘️
I don't think I can put it any better than all those that commented before me. This is a really beautiful piece of art, Tracey--it's like the beach is really beckoning to me. I could get lost in the beauty and texture of it for a long time. Have a wonderful, creative August! Anita xx
Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful journal page!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com
LeighSBDesigns.com
https://leighsbdesigns.blogspot.com
http://mysideofoz.blogspot.com/
This is jaw dropping gorgeous, Tracey. I was most impressed with the feet in the sand and the amazing sky. I also love the sewing. Even the fishing ropes look realistic. This is a stunning entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Hi Tracey! Your art journal page is absolutely gorgeous and so creative! Your beach scene is so beautiful. Wow! I especially love your texture paste sand and footprints. And all of your creative touches! We were in a heat wave, too, and it is not fun at all. Makes me long for Fall!! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us. Hugs, Sharon
I find myself agreeing with Erika ... Tracey this is AMAZING :)
All the best Jan
This looks fabulous! Great scene and texture.
Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.
Helen x
DT
This is absolutely fabulous, Tracey. And what a clever idea to make the feet impressions using stamps!!! Great entry for Erika's theme in AJJ. Hugs, my friend.
Yes, so tranquil and I love the sequined lines at the base, xoxo
Oh Tracey I am loving your amazing beach scene. Love the footprints. Lovely sky line and the ocean colours are perfect with the splashing waves. Cool base with the sequins and trims. Must be beach time as I have done just similar and was going to use it coming up - depends if I get time to do something else and leave it for later.
Post a Comment