Pages

Friday 28 February 2020

Challenge #113 ~ Paperbabe Stamps *Sketch*

Hello creative friends 

Oh how the weeks are flying by this year 
can you believe we'll soon be stepping into March! 

I'm here today to give you a mid challenge reminder, 
be inspired by the shape below and share your creations 


Here's what I got up to using recycled fabrics, 
stamps, paint and a little bit of stitching... 

Many already know how I love to work with fabric. 
When I came across this tired old laundry basket 
liner I knew there'd be a way to repurpose it. 

Using the outline rose and leaf stamp from the Paperbabe  
Rose Layers Stamp set I stamped the rose onto the liner masking 
it before stamping the leaves so they would now sit neatly behind.


Undecided on colour I painted more than one Rose, 
there's now plenty left over for future projects.


Cut free from the fabric, edged with machine stitch 
and frayed around the edges this patch will become 
my focal topper for a handmade fabric journal cover. 


Cutting a large piece of fabric from the laundry liner 
a background pattern is created using stamps from the 


With the cover machine stitched and frayed around it's edge 
the Rose patch takes centre stage when sewn onto the cover. 

Beads stitched amongst the speckle a large safety pin holds 
fabrics of tweed, linen, cotton and calico all cut from 
unworn clothing that had been relegated to the rag bag.


There's much more to be added to this journal cover 
but for now I think I'll enjoy it just the way it is...


There's still time to play along in Challenge #113 

With a Paperbabe Prize of UP TO £20* why not 
pop on over HERE and share your creativity.
*Challenge closes on Friday 6th March* 

Wishing you all a safe weekend. 
Creative Hugs Tracey xx 

Happy to play along with: 

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is wonderful Tracey, what a beautiful cover you have designed. Love everything about it. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Simply stunning! Your journal cover looks so amazing, I love how you stamped the roses and coloured them on the fabric and those splatters with the hand sewn beads look so beautiful 😀. I'm not sure where this year has gone either, time seems to fly by quicker every year! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

What a wonderful creative and unique cover and so beautifully done. You are so creative Tracey x.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Jaw dropping. Of course, you had me at recycled (grin). This is absolutely out of this world. I look forward to seeing the recycled fabrics inside, too. Great job, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish I'd noticed that you were also joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday. I was actually going to suggest you join their challenge. Guess I missed it, but LOVE that you shared it, because it's a great project.

Cath Wilson said...

Amazingly good, Tracey. Recycling at its best. Beautiful background and a wonderful design. Can't wait to see it when it's finished and to see the rest of the pages. Your art always amazes me!
You're right about time...sometimes it's very scary how fast it goes. I really need to learn to live IN the moment and enjoy each one for what it is.
Thank you so much for linking to Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Redanne said...

Another winning journal cover Tracey, the rose looks wonderful painted and the speckles with the beads is such a lovely touch. I love the safety pin too! I have some of those paints you used, the results are lovely, I must give them a try now. As always, thank you for the inspiration! Anne xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hello lovely, sorry been MIA but time has not been on my hands of late and while the weather is gorgeous I am making the most of it...who knows when our winter gets here, the authorities say that is when the corona virus will hit us, great I say, not, as each year I get influenza so bad I am almost hospitalised....hugs.xx
Oh nearly forgot LOVE our artistic journal.xx

sirkkis said...

Really lovely fabric art, Tracey.
Love the old rose color.
Enjoy the weekend ahead xx

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful cover Tracey and a fabulous way to recycle the fabric. The rose is gorgeous and makes a lovely focal point surrounded by the pretty beads.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a wonderful little journal and a great use for those fabrics! I love how you used the safety pin too! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. I have had a little catch up but will be back again as soon as I can! Chrisx

Sue said...

Wow Tracey this is stunning, and you make it look so easy! I love those hand sewn beads, they're tiny and yet perfect. I have the same kind of liner sat in my wash basket, and believe me, it's days are numbered1 Take care, Sue xx

Meggymay said...

Wow, this is a fabulous journal cover and super recycling.. The detail and the way you added and used the fabric looks beautiful, Thank you for joining us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh wow Tracey. This is amazing. You always make the most creative and beautiful art. This one is no exception. Love the cloth roses. Happy March, and thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Beautiful recycling project xx