Pages

Sunday 16 September 2018

Shroom Town Book Cover ~ #That's Crafty!

Hello Creative Friends.
I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday?

I'm here today to share the finished project of last Mondays sneak peek using
*NEW* That's Crafty products showcased on Hochanda last Tuesday. 

Here's those *How to Do's* and how it came to be..

Taking a large greyboard surface I covered with 
deli paper, lace and then spritzed with Lime Lustre Spray.


Using those lace shapes as a guide I painted a scene 
using a mixture of multi surface and interference paints.


The texture from the lace and deli paper holds onto the shimmer
and the lustre from the spray soon finds it's way to the surface, although 
as you know it is hard to capture those sparkles when photographing.


I traced around the greyboard shape onto an 
unused exercise book and cut to the same size.

Stamping the Shroom houses directly onto the matching white/greyboard shapes,
I stamped the trees onto stamping card and coloured with distress markers.


Gluing the greyboard shape onto the exercise book cover, 
I first layered the trees then the houses to create that little town scene.

The greyboard tag makes a very robust book cover.


Triple embossing the houses with clear embossing powder 
really brought those sweet little Shroom Houses to life..


Lot's of lovely little accent stamps included in the Shroom House set.

The possibilities really are endless when you create your own 
books and if I had had more time I really would have gone to town 
(no pun intended) inside this little creation.


Complete Shroom Town Book Cover...


Thank you as always for sharing your time today.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

That's Crafty Supplies:

Clear Stamps ~ Shroom Town Designed by Melina Dahl
White/Greyboard ~ Shroom Town Shapes

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous little book, it takes me right back to my childhood and 'Little Noddy' books. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Lia said...

Back home again and I see this great creation of yours: it's FAB!!
Lia xx

Jannet said...

Another amazing creation Tracey! I adore those cute little houses so cleverly layered up with the trees. Hugs xx

Redanne said...

I love everything about this.... the lace and deli paper create the most wonderful texture, especially in the sky. The shroom houses are just so adorable, I really want to live in one of them - the pink spotty roof one! I love this so much - I am sure you will be inspired to write in this every time you look at the cover... Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

I love your fantastic, fun book cover, those new stamps look so cute and I enjoyed seeing your photos of the stages during its creation.
Yvonne

JFM said...

Your book cover is stunning!!!
It was great to have a window for a peek at how you created this be piece!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Super book cover and love those added textures.x

Jackie PNeal said...

How wonderful Tracey! I kept looking at the houses,thinking, they look so dimensional! Upon further reading I discovered you triple embossed-WOW! What a great job- this really brought these sweet houses front and center!
Great job my dear! Hope you are feeling better!
hugs,Jackie xx

Sue said...

This is just amazing Tracey, what a great idea to cut the exercise book to the same shape, and I'm a great fan of tripple embossing! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

froebelsternchen said...

Your triple embossing is so clever! Those cover looks fantastic and cutting the exercidse book to the same size is genius! Your are so talented! Have a great new week my freind!
Big hugs Susi

Jane Elizabeth France said...

I adore that close up of your coloured shrooms Tracey... shows of your sic (my grandsons word for amazing!!) colouring skills. And the texture of the deli paper and lace..... lush!!!. Xxx

Darnell said...

I'm not surprised this was showcased, Tracey! It's an absolute delight start to finish! Love the texture, the colors, the whimsy, and the triple-embossing of those sweet houses!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s., Forgot to tell you I got such a kick out of your "Mook & Bicket" story! Thank you for sharing!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how far behind I am. I just keep apologizing for being late. And to think I was SO looking forward to seeing this, too.

What an amazing amount of texture you got. For some reason, I was told you can't get deli paper in England. Maybe you could let me know where you get yours.

I loved the dimension and of course that triple embossing brought those shroomes to the forefront of the book cover. It's a lovely, lovely book, and I am truly impressed. Your lovely photos from start to finish made it even more enjoyable.

Mia said...

Wow Tracey!!!!!!!! This is a STUNNING creation!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a talented lady!!!!!!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing make! The little houses are super cute and I love the triple embossing - fabulous 😀. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Tracey. These little houses are just so cute and the background techniques are perfect to show them off. Great tutorial too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW Tracey! I just love the foundation of awesomeness you laid for these houses and the fabulous "trees"! This is over the top incredible! I hope you are well. Big hugs, Autumn

Mac Mable said...

The texture on the front looks fabulous. Love how the paint/sprays etc capture in the lace and the folds. Those cute houses are adorable and love how you triple embossed them. Unique and personal...Thank you for the step by step on your amazing book cover x. The kitchen is coming on nicely and looking forward to seeing wha tyou do with those blown off leaves x.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks wonderful Tracey! I really should emboss more - just too lazy!!! Hugs, Chrisx