Pages

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Paperbabe Sketch Challenge #58

Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping well??

I've been busy with Christmas this week (YES....!! I know) but I have so many 
Christmas cards to make I have to say I am shamefully behind with my makes this year. 

Today I'm sharing a card created using Stamps from Paperbabe 
which I am entering in the Paperbabe Challenge #58 Sketch


Here is my *Christmas is the day..* card with quick and easy How to do's..


Using a left over piece of mop up paper from a canvas paper pad,
I stamped the snowflake star from the Frost Fairy stamp set with versamark 
all over the paper and gently dusted with the delicate oyster colour mica powder.
Distressed the edges using old scissors and added faux stitching with my tracing wheel.

                                   

Stamping the Frost Fairy in black onyx versafine I coloured the image in Caran D'Ache supracolor pencils, washing out some of the colour with a water brush.
I used a large circle die to cut out the image, added gemstones to highlight her snowflake stars and edged her wings with glitter glue to give her an extra sparkle of magic..


Using a verse stamp by Card-io I stamped directly onto the background surface 


and layered up all the elements required in the Paperbabe Sketch Challenge 

My *Christmas is the day...* card is complete.


I think the Frost Fairy has definitely cast her spell and my 
Christmas mojo seems to be returning..
Fingers crossed she stays right where she is as there's busy times ahead 
with no Santa's little helpers for me..!

Thank you for stopping by.

Take Care Everyone
Until next time.

Creativity & Warm Hugs
Tracey xx

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful creative card Tracy, love the blue tones here...
getting better and hope you are too.xx [aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad to hear you are getting better Annie, me too but still a little sniffy but it's that time of year here.. Happy you like my Blue Hues. Take Care xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

She’s totally adorable Tracey and I can tell you that you’re way in advance of me as I haven’t made one single card yet!
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Donna, i've made a slow start now. Hoping to pick up the pace a bit after the weekend. Where has this year gone?? xx

Dorthe said...

I love your layered card Tracey,so beautiful with the frosty blue and silver,and the beautiful fairy so ready to dust magic , over someones Christmas. What a gorgeous start on your cards. This is real winter feeling !!!I also started my production :-)
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous colouring skills, and I love the snowflake and mesh panel - great stitching detail too.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dorthe, i'm usually in full swing by now with my cards not too sure why it's been so stop and start this year. Glad you have made a start on yours too xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you kindly Alison, any excuse to get those pencils out hee hee!! Just a shame my sewing machine doesn't have a space of it's own, it's such a pain getting it out and putting it away again.. The tracing wheel does a great job when it's in hibernation :)) xx

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Tracey. Such a beautifully coloured fairy and your background is so lovely too.
Fliss xx

Sue said...

This is beautiful Tracey, your background is amazing, and what a fab idea for the faux stitching. I tried to do some Christmas cards every month, but I've fallen sadly behind too. Maybe next year lol xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks so much Fliss, she is a beautifully designed stamp. I have coloured her in many different colours xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks Sue, it's a really quick but effective way to get a similar effect. I used to use it at college in Textiles many many moons ago with larger display work when short on time. It works on most surfaces with a bit of give in them :D Hope you manage to catch up with your cards xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hey Tracey, just wondering what the water soluble pastels are? you mentioned them to me. I have the chalks as well but not sure if they are water soluble...xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Popped back over to answer Annie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks, found a place in australia and have purchased 10 individual colours to see how they work. Not cheap like you say but you get for what you pay for.....and these are $3 AUD each but will let you know how I go. Guess they work same like gelato's.....I have a blogger contact on my side bar if you prefer to email me...xxxx