Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

Christmas comes Early..

Hello everyone, it's looking a little chilly on my blog today 
with my first Christmas post of the year.

It's time for another That's Crafty Blog Challenge over HERE
with this fortnights theme being *Only Cards*
and a chance for you to win £20 to spend in the
That's Crafty online Store.

Here in words and pictures is my
*Christmas comes Early Card*


Using the Newly released Christmas Stamp Set 2 Designed by Donna Gray 
I stamped the focal image multiple times, colouring with water colour pencil. 
Onto the main card image I painted the background using Icicle Blue Multi Surface paint 
and would later layer up both house and trees to create dimension.


I created snowfall by layering up lace, threads and strips of Tyvek previously heated gently with a heat gun to shrink and create texture. All fabric and threads were sewn onto the card with the Tyvek glued on last as it can become hard in places and difficult to sew. 
A touch of Multi Surface Antique Silver helps create shadow and 
micro beads help to fill in the gaps as well as adding a little interest.


Falling snow was achieved by pushing White Multi Surface Paint 
through the Christmas Tree Stencil onto the card background. 
This stencil not only has a large lace effect tree but also 
the most useful snowflakes and snow drop dots included.
I can see this stencil being a firm Christmas favourite with many as well as myself.


I stippled Pearl Multi Surface Paint onto two greyboard 
Snowflake surfaces, layered them both up adding a central gem stone 
for a little bit of Christmas sparkle.


Mat and layered onto a 7 x 5 card the Snowflakes embellish the corner with 
a Tim Holtz die cut Sentiment word finishing it all off.


I know it's only August but us crafty people always want to prepare ahead at least
one season in advance and because there are so many *New and *Fabulous That's Crafty
Autumn and Christmas products just released I thought it was the perfect timing
 to bring them to life and make them shine.

Thank you for sharing your time,
Take Care and Stay Safe.

Until Next Time
Crafty Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty Poinsettia Tree Stencil
Snowflake Surfaces: Large, Small
Tim Holtz Sentiment Words


26 comments:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Again... with the stunning texture you create is just awesome. I feel inspired with your beautiful pieces of artwork... Ps... you said the C word.. crikey!!!!.. comes round too quick these days!!!Xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is SOOOOOOO amazing Tracey! Love love those frosty layers! Hugs, Autumn

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

I really love this Tracey, so much depth to it and you've made the little house look so cosy and inviting too :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Dorthe said...

A wonderful wintery card, with Donna`s sweetest home, so cute looking in your chosen colors, Tracey. Love the snow created ,and giving great texture with the layered pieces .
Hugs to you , friend- xx

Fliss said...

Wow! Amazing texture on here Tracey and it looks stunning. Love how you layered up the stamped images for dimension too - awesome!
Fliss xx

Bev Hilton said...

Wow wow wow. How awsome is this. Absolutely love it. Gorgeous with all the layers of material and the little house and trees are so well coloured. Love everything about it.
Much love, Bev. x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Haa haaaa.... That's Crafty made me say the C Word :)) Glad you like it Jane xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Autumn, you know I love to create things like this and need no excuse to add a little extra detail xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That makes me so Happy Donna as it is your stamp design... makes me feel like I have done something right :) xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Many Thanks Dorthe, it's so pleasing when appreciated as I put so much love into these pieces. Your words mean so much Thank you xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Fliss, Donna designs really do give you the images to layer up perfectly and the size is fabulous xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Bev, I love to shabby colour on water colour card. Pencils are the perfect media to create this. Wish I had more time to colour larger images in this way xx

Amanda said...

Brilliant card of colour and texture, love it
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Many Thanks Amanda xx

Wendy Bellino said...

I love the whimsical images and your snow texture is genius! I would totally frame this if I were the recipient! TFS!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a lovely idea Wendy, Thank you so much. I hope the recipient appreciates it as much as you have.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!!!111

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you and your most welcome :)

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the awesome the kind I love to use but seldom get the chance...Fabulous everything especially the snow, looks fabulous.xx [aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Annie, I also have many things I seldom get chance to use anymore, sadly a downside to crafting as we move onto the next new release so quickly Have a great week Annie xx

Nikki Acton said...

Love this Tracey! Wonderful textures as the landscape for the fabulous houses xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Nikki, I find it difficult to work with white but with the addition of silver it made it a lot easier xx

Craftychris said...

This is so cool and absolutely beautiful! I love your snowfall - wonderful! xxxxx

Sue said...

Tracey this is amazing, gorgeous layers, colours, and textures. I love it! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Chris so glad you like it :) xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Aww Thank you Sue, I was in my Happy Zone creating this xx