Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

Snow, Snow, Snow.. January Tag

As promised using the same mini instructions given in a Twelve week tag challenge from last year here is my first Tag of the year. I've used the Theme of Snow which was quite apt as it did actually snow during the making of this tag and as it is using
so many lovely IndigoBlu elements i'm going to enter it in Decembers 
IndigoBlu Blog Challenge Snow, Snow, Snow.


First I painted a 6" Tando Creative  tag with white gesso, then with Indigoblu Frosty Sky acrylic paint, when dry I rollered over with white acrylic paint.
The roller has left plenty of extra marks


Sweet Poppy Pearlescent White Paste was stencilled through a Clarity tree stencil


 one collage piece added from Crafty Individuals Christmas miniatures book


a layer of  (VERY watered down) DecoArt Americana midnight blue paint
to make it translucent. This has really brought out the shape of the tree and added shadow.


Sprayed on Yellow paint left over from previous tag made.


White gesso stencilled through IndigoBlu mini stencil, clear gesso applied when dry.


I stamped Indigoblu Snowflakes stamp with versafine onyx black ink & embossed with stampendous white shabby chic frantage  to expand the fine detail of the stamp.


Focal collage added using an Indigoblu Large Snowflake image which I had previously stamped onto vellum with flitter glue and gilded with sheffied steel gilding flakes.
This was glued  onto the side of the tag with the waste being used on the bottom.

                   
enhanced the large snowflake stamp with doodles & flat back pearls
                                             

Could not decide which word to use so I chose this sentence, from
IndigoBlu Grand Tour 3 A5 stamp set

   
 ... and my Tag is complete    


Thank you for sharing your precious time to take a peek, 
wishing you all a fantastic weekend.
Creative Hugs from Tracey xxx

6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag, I particularly love the texture you achieved and great backdrop. Tracy x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Tracy glad you like my tag, your views are really valued xx

rachel said...

beautiful work Tracey - I adore what you have done and a great step by step too - thanks for joining the indigoblu challenge too! Big hugs Rachel p.s just been looking at your ATC blog and I think we are going to part of the same swap!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Rachel, I love taking part in the Indigoblu challenges as the stamps are always so gorgeous to work with. Hoping to take part more this year than last.. Oh and my ATC blog is in real need of updating but good to know we are in the same swap xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey! Congratulations on your win at IndigoBlu! So well deserved. <3 Hugs, Autumn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so Autumn you are very kind.. I am in shock, what a wonderful surprise.. Thank you Hugs Tracey xxx