Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Frosty Robin

Regrettably I never got chance to use this delightful stamp before Christmas, whilst having a top and tail of some of my stamp collection I thought I would test stamp the Robin from IndigoBlu and just couldn't resist creating a little hanging plaque.


I painted a 6x6" greyboard with white gesso then Grandma's Teacup acrylic by IndigoBlu, whilst the paint was still wet I removed some of the paint using a sponge exposing the white gesso.


Using versafine black onyx I stamped the Bare Forest Stamp various times using a mask to 
help resist some of the ink transferring onto the board.


Using an oral syringe filled with IndigoBlu Super Thick Slap I followed the stamped branches by pushing the slap it on through the syringe giving a thin raised appearance.


Sprinkling with unicorn sparkles this really gives the look of frosty branches.


The robin has been stamped, embossed and painted with Postbox Red & Hot Cocca, posca pens have been used to add finer detail with the finished image being fussy cut. I decided to cut the fruit off my design as it did not go with what I was hoping to achieve.


Onto the board The Robin along with red gems have been randomly adhered to represent berries, adding a spot of white gesso to each berry blends them nicely into the picture.


I edged the board using clear embossing pen and white embossing powder.
The word freedom is from IndigoBlu's Plume stamp set stamped and embossed onto paper also  painted in the Grandma's Teacup. 


As I stated earlier this really is a delightful stamp and i'm already thinking of ways to use it..

I'd like to enter this in the Rubber Dance Stamp Challenge - January Blue-Red-White

Thank you for sharing your time to take a peek.. 
Creative Hugs from Tracey xxx

14 comments:

ionabunny said...

Wonderful. Lovely to see your process. The robin is a fine fellow. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much, the robin is indeed a fine fellow. Many thanks for dropping by Gail.. Hugs xx

Bibi Lindahl said...

Gorgeous! I agree with the above, the robin is a fine fellow :) Love how you made the background, and it does look very frosty. Thank you for joining our January challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Bibi, I really enjoyed creating it and joining in with the challenge. It replicates our weather in the UK at the moment so it's my little piece of nature x

Susanne Rose said...

Oh how cute. I love winter birdies! Great dimensional effect. Thanks for playing along in the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love working out ways of using different mediums to create effects. Thank you for stopping by Susanne, have a super day x

Jannet said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tracey! I love it! I have had my eye on that Robin for a while, must save my pennies : )

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Jannet, as like all IB stamps it stamps like a dream and i'm sure it could be used to create other birds not just the Robin. Well worth saving your pennies for x

Jannet said...

Many congratulations on your win at Rubber Dance! Well deserved: )

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Jannet, i'm overwhelmed but Thank you :) xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is out of this world beautiful! I am just so happy to see that you won the challenge at RD! Biggest congratulations my friend! Hugs!!! Autumn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Autumn so glad you like my Robin piece. I am both shocked and amazed to have won the RD Challenge. Looking forward to giving something back with my Guest DT piece xx

Dorthe said...

Sweet lady, had to come by this memory , to see it close up, I love how you created the frosted branches, Tracey with the bare dark ones in the background-
A gorgeous creation ,my friend. Hugs from Dorthe , xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Dorthe, such a lovely Robin. I've not used this technique for a while. I must use it again soon xx