Pages

Sunday, 6 September 2026

Creative Artiste #130 ~ Anything Mixed Media Goes

 Hello Creatives 

where our theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes.. 

Here's my monthly DT make using a multitude of mediums.


On a stenciled background I heat embossed Antique Linen 
distress embossing glaze then stamped Studio light Forget me 
nots by Jennie's mindful Art onto an A6 size kraft postcard 

Repeating the stamping process on offcuts, I then painted, 
fussy cut and layered both buds and leaves finishing with 
yellow beads to form the eye of every flower...


Edging with faux stitch, washi and rub-ons to frame the topper, 
an enamel metal pin badge holds on to torn out text tightly 
displaying the words *Forget me Not*


September is World Alzheimer's Month, I am sure like myself 
you will know of family members, friends or friends of friends 
that have been affected by this devastating disease.. 
As a carer I am thinking of you all..

Take care of yourself and each other 
Hugs Tracey xx 

Sharing today with: 
Try it on Tuesday ~ Emboss it

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Your are it absolutely gorgeous, Tracy. I wasn't aware that it is World Alzheimer's Month. Yes, I have family members and friends that have passed due to complications of Alzheimer's. It is a horrible disease. You are a special person as a carer. Thank you for sharing with SITAR

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful page for the new month Tracey. It's always amazing how a a little bit of thread and lace can amp up a piece to new levels. And the beads in the flowers were a real lovely surprise. Your page is perfect for Try It on Tuesday. Thanks for joining us. And it is also perfect for Alzheimer's month. It's a terrible disease; my grandmother had it. And add dementia to that and I know so many people who had that. Wishing you a wonderful start to the new month, and I hope your internet returns and stays on too. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

These are very pretty, Tracey. I love the blue. I haven't done collage or assemblage in awhile but when I see something like this it reminds me how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for coming by mine, too.

Gillena Cox said...

Interesting process, lovely result.Thanks for dropping by my blog, Roland

Much love

EmmaT said...

Such a beautiful page to celebrate the beauty of the forget-me-not, such an understated flower but when they are lining the paths and all in flower the sight is stunning, just a sea of blue.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This page with the blue flowers is wonderfully designed.hugs Elke

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page, love the textured background and beautiful forget-me nots-gold star for all that fussy cutting too. My Mam had Dementia and one day asked me who I was!!! John had Vascular Dementia and as just getting to the stage of forgetting who we were before he had a heart attack, it's really hard for those caring. Thank you for all your lovely comments and the CC papers are from a LARGE box(200) of My Special papers which are all mostly floral, I bought of a FB decluttering page a couple of years ago at a bargain price-but the more I use it seems the more is left lol.
Carol x

Ina G said...

Loving your blue fussy cut forget me nots with pretty beeded centres Tracey. Another lovely MM piece with your usual add ons of lace and sewing etc. Hubby has dementia and I am grateful that his mind is still fairly good atm and I take each day as it comes.

Fiona said...

This is such a lovely page with those beautiful blue flowers. I also was not aware of September being Alzheimers month and yes I've also experienced this dreadful disease with loved ones.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful creative art here Tracey.

Dementia is so cruel, both my dear Mum and Gran had it.
Thinking of you ... take care.

All the best Jan

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Tracey absolutely stunning, fantastic work. I love the blue flowers ...

Hugs
Anke

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous page Tracey, the forget-me-not flowers look beautiful with their bead centers. The lace along with the embossed background add a lovely texture. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease, my lovely Aunt had it, it's so hard on the family.
Thanks for sharing this over at TioT. Avril xx

Anita said...

Tracey, love the explosions of blue on the brown background! I really like the light texturing that you chose for the background that lets the flowers shine, and the little yellow beads are just perfect. Sending you hugs this World Alzheimer's Month. Anita xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It seems a few of us here weren't aware it was Alzheimer's month, an awful disease and as you say we all know someone who had / has it. As for your creation, it's gorgeous, so many beautiful details. You really are so creative. x