Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Guest Host @ Art Journal Journey ~ *The meaning of *...

Hello creative friends, 

what a joy and honour it is to announce that throughout 
December I will be Guest hosting @ Art Journal Journey

Thank's so much Elizabeth & Bleubeard of course for 
inviting me what a lucky December guest host I am...


My chosen theme for December is.. 

what something means to you! 

Be it the holiday season, family, friends or loved ones. 
A treasured gift, a moment in time or something you see or 
hear around you.. I'm sure this year more than ever we have 
all had time to reflect, recognise and appreciate things we
may have overlooked previously or taken for granted... 

My first journal page is a collage landscape 
depicting *The Meaning of* .. GREEN SPACE 


Growing up in a big city living in a multi-storey block of flats 
I certainly saw a different view of the world around me.

I'd spend hours staring out of the window where I could see 
for miles, always drawn to those green spaces emerging like 
treasure from the surrounding concrete jungle. 

Green space it's such a precious thing..


Perched on high it's as if this lone bird gazing out at the 
vast green space is ready to spread her wings and explore, 
maybe a reflection of myself in my younger days.. 


Please.. don't be frightened by the theme 
It's really *Anything Goes* with a fancy title and if 
YOU are putting something down in your journal it 
means everything to us at Art Journal Journey. 
 
I'm looking forward to seeing your 

Let's stay connected during December 
and journal 2020 away!! 

Creative wishes 
Tracey xx


15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely stunning, Tracey. You have given us a beautiful first entry and it is gorgeous. We all can use green spaces since they are so few in the large cities. So glad you joined us this month as our host.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Tracey, great to have you as guest host this month, and your first piece is gorgeous, just the sort of landscape I love so much. I'm going into hospital on Friday so won't have quite so much time for making journal pages this month, but have a few ready to go. Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love your fascinating creativity in your pictures and this one is so expressive again! The birds are everywhere and sometimes the only thing in a city, I used to live in a big city, so I was happy to be able to avoid the hustle and bustle with my children in the city parks.
I wish you a nice time as a host at Art-Journal, take care, hugs Elke

sirkkis said...

Lovely to see you as the host of this month at Art Journal Journey, Tracey.
Your art is always uplifting and inspiring. Love your theme and the samples here.
Take care, and have great time with your theme and us!
Hugs, Sirkkis

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous pages, Tracey. I love your landscape with its lovely scenery, beautiful colors, and awesome bird. I love what it represents too. Such a great way to start off this December. Super! Thanks!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Tracey! This first page of yours is so beautiful both to look and to think of what it represents! This scene is a lovely reminder of things to look forward to! I have missed our walks so much this year! Great to have you as our host this time - lots to think about!! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Tracey this is such an AMAZING page. I just love it. I want to be there right now taking a walk and enjoying the view. I am excited for you to host and join us at AJJ. This is a fun challenge. Happy new month my friend! Hugs-Erika

Cocofolies said...

Wow and wow, I adore the little scene you created, so fabulous and beautiful!!!!
We need this and the nature's beauty so much at the moment.
Thank you Tracey...
And congratulations for being the host at AJJ, I can't play very often, but I enjoy this challenge's inspirational and so kind blog!
Stay safe and keep creating so beautifylly, really enjoy what you do!!
Coco xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to see you hosting Art Journal Journey this month, many congratulations! You chose a wonderful theme too and I've even joined in the fun already ...lol 😀. Your pages are simply stunning! The textures are amazing and the countryside scene that you have created is so beautiful with the little bird, I love the meaning behind it too! Take care and wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful and thought provoking journal page and yes the robin may very well be a reflection of yourself in your younger days....What a lovely thought x. Many congratulations on hosting x.

Neet said...

What a lovely picture Tracey and what a lovely explanation of the meaning behind it. I was lucky not to grow up in the same sort of area but I have to smile when I think of the view from our window. We lived quite high up so had the rolling hills and the valley beneath but just a field away we had the local town cemetery!
Thanks for reminding me of the rolling hills view we had, I had quite forgotten but can just about bring it to my minds eye.
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful painting Tracey!
Fabulous to see you hosting at AJJ!

Wishing you fun and all the best for you and your art!

oxo
Susi

Sue said...

Tracey your journal pages are beautiful. This year has certainly brought back a love of green space on our daily walks. We don't live in a particulary pretty place but we have plenty of different walks. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Redanne said...

Had to smile at Neet's comment above.... I grew up in Canada, in a small town and we backed on to the cemetery too, I loved it. Now I live at the edge of the Peak District National Park and the scenery is just gorgeous, just like your beautiful pages Tracey! You have created such a calming scene and the bird is just delightful! I am in total awe of your painting skills and look forward to seeing what you create for the rest of the month. Take care my friend, keep safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in Tracey. Your page is inspirational, you have created a wonderful peaceful and calm scene. It is lovely to have you hosting for us this month at AJJ.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx