Pages

Sunday 8 December 2019

Everything ART ~ Kasia's Advent 1-7

Hello Creative Friends

Later than planned but as promised I'm sharing my journey
so far using prompts from Kasia's Advent Calendar 2019.

A colourway of green, flesh ochre and aubergine
i'm repurposing a Journal once created as my
calming space back in August 2018..

Here's my first week's pages.

Day 1 ~ The Postcard
Using an old postcard, scraps and colours from my palette
simple words send a message just for ME*..


Day 2 Fairy Tale
No time just now to read a book so a bookmark with a stamped modern day
image of Little Red Riding Hood is painted in the same colour palette.


Day 3 Allow
On a used envelope the word ALLOW is written in glue.
Left to dry over night paint is scrapped and smudges around it.


Day 4 ~ A Walk.
The mornings can be so dark this time of year.


Day 5 ~ Sticks & Twigs.
Mark making with gathered twigs I saw a scene in one page so drew a
window around it. The second page a found leaf is glued amongst the marks.


Day 6 ~ White on White
Something I could create all day and everyday..


Day 7 ~ Tea Time
Used Tea bag glued onto parcel paper with a quick sketch of my morning cuppa.


I've really enjoyed my first week of Kasia's Advent and
quite proud of myself for keeping up each daily...
Fingers crossed for the next week.

Happy Sunday everyone
Creative Hugs

Tracey xx

Sharing this journey with:
*Art Journal Journey ~ Yvonnes Words & Numbers*

19 comments:

sirkkis said...

You've created marvelous art, Tracey.
Happy Sunday and a week ahead xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Tracey, I've been following along with Alison's daily take on this project. It was so good to see your perspective on these prompts. One thing that got me was how Alison said she had trouble with the white on white and you felt just the opposite. I'm LOVING these various looks that seem to have sparked an interest by you and my other British friends. We in the States didn't seem to catch the bug quite as much. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I simply adore your tea mug. Stunning.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this amazing post and awesome gorgeous work of art..xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful creations this week, Tracey. My fave is the walk in the dark morning. Have fun and enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Wow, so many fantastic projects and pages. It seems like you are really enjoying this challenge. I am in awe of your white on white page its beautiful. if I had to choose a favourite it would be the one with the tea bag papers and mug, it appeals to my love of tea.
Thank you for sharing your art and giving your support to us at Art Journal Journey as well.
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*wow* a beautiful, fantastic page!!!!

Dorthe said...

Dear Tracey , such gorgeous pages , I really love how you "used" her daily videos to your own page stories,- so love them all, and how the colors match through the book- You are such a wonderful artist ,able to work in many styles .I am also watching her , but have not found time for creating , sadly. Thank you sweet friend, for your pm , you are so kind Tracey .I send you a warm hug and a kiss aswell . Dorthe xoxoxoxo

froebelsternchen said...

I love your Kasia Advent pages -- my gosh , amazing Tracey! Gorgeous!!!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous journal pages I love them all but no 5 is my favourite.Thank you for the heads up about the PaperBabe challenge too.
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

What fabulous journal pages Tracey. I think you are creating a gorgeous advent calendar journal. Hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now I'm feeling very naughty Lol! The themes are there appearing on my emails and I just haven't done anything, too many distractions I'm afraid but I will get round to starting it soon I promise. However your collection are coming along fine and looking great. Happy creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, it looks like you've been having lots of arty fun creating pieces for this Challenge! I love your colour choices and the fairy tale modern red riding hood is beautiful 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Redanne said...

Apologies for my lateness. First of all, well done on being able to keep up with the daily prompts and creating such beautiful art in the process. I love them all but the Sticks and Twigs on Day 5 really caught my attention. You really captured autumn turning into winter on those pages. Beautiful work, as always. Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing, Tracey! Your pages are simply stunning! I love all the gorgeous jewel tones you use and then, wow, the white-on-white page is brilliant, as is the tea-colored page about tea!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

These are fabulous pages Tracey, I love how you've kept to the same colour choices, mine would have been all over the place lol. Good luck with week 2, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Have a great week, Sue xx

Rain said...

What a fun challenge, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your Purple Riding Hood Tracey!!!

Lisabella Russo said...

These are so wonderful! I especially love your Little Red Ridinghood but they all have such a wonderful ambiance.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Super pages! I especially like the "Allow" page with all its textures and colours! It's so inspiring to see all the different interpretations of the prompts! Will be back to check out your new pages - you're ahead of me now, but I'll catch you up LOL!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant, love them all. Hugs, Angela xXx